Starnge Disease... I think so

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gaurang

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
India
Visit site
Yesterday morning when I saw my Yellow gouramis were fine till evening they were doing great but late in the night I found a medium size black spot on there body (exactly befor the tail fin starts)

I dont know what it is and where did it came from.

Does the black spot has to do some thing with the antifungus blue liquide? coz before the black spot was indentified I added some anti fungus liquid...:confused:

Can anyone please tell me what would be the reason behind this stuff or its just nothing to worry about as my fish are swiming properly..:)

Kit Walker

AC Members
Jun 9, 2002
Australia
Visit site
Do all the gouramis have the same spot preent on both sides? It is normal for Yellow(Gold) gouramis to have a black spot at the base of the tail. It sounds to me like their colors are maturing and the dark pigmentations are becoming darker. It is not unusual for markings to fade and darken according to mood and lighting levels. If it looks like a growth or parasite then please post back.

gaurang

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
India
Visit site
Yeah all my gouramis has the same black spot on both the side of their body (right on the body from where the tail fin starts). One of them is having the lighter one and other one is having darker one. it does not seems parasite to as it feels part of their skin but still Im not sure,
As far as light it concerned I just have 1 60w bulb which I lit it for not more than 2 hrs.

Can you please help me to know what excatly it is ?:confused:

ewok

Senile Member
Jun 11, 2002
new haven ct.
it sort of sounds like the "false eye" spot common on cichlids... i believe it is an occelatus or something like that.

try websearching the particular fish type and look for pictures... it pretty much sounds normal to me tho......

good luck.

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
Can't be natural since it just popped out,could be an external parasite,try aquarium salt before trying medicene.

Faramir

The twit from over the pond.
Nov 20, 1998
Chesterfield UK
More like just became visible as the fish's colours improved as it settled in.

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
gaurang-before you added the guorami into the tank,did it have a fading or even a slight trace of a single black spot near the tail,i believe more details is needed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store