Stock list for aggressive FOWLR--no inverts

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cksnffr

AC Members
Aug 5, 2013
I'm looking to set up a true FOWLR (no inverts) in a 210g or 265g tank. My current 210 has clowns, rabbits, cardinals, hawks, tangs, and the like, and it will have corals soon. I want the new tank to have the fish I can't put in that one. Here are some I'm looking at:

Porcupine puffer
Other large puffer like Dalmatian
Picasso trigger
Niger trigger
Goatfish
Large clowns?
Eel--snowflake or moray
Large hawk
Lion
Banana wrasse

I don't plan to have all these fish. I'd like to know which ones would be problematic with the others. For example, would two large clowns not hold their own on that tank? Can you have two different kinds of large puffer? Also, any interesting ideas I'm missing?

I like the goatfishes because they're cool and they'll tend to the sand for me. :)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Maroon clown should be able to hold its own if about adult sized already.

Some triggers have a tendency to shred lionfish. Niger should be safe, picasso not so sure about.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Sounds like a fun tank but you have some mean buggers on you list.

I would replace the triggers with a crosshatch or blue throat if you want triggers. All of them have the potential to be jerks.

Multiple puffers can be kept together but your tank size is pushing it for 1. Triggers can do some serious damage.

Not a fan of lions. One accidental prick and you can kiss you expensive fish goodbye.

Large hawks can be VERY agressive and a PITB.

The eel poses a problem in that you have to have a lid and it needs to be weighed down. Some are fish safe but the can still be nasty at feeding time and attack your fish.

Maroons would be my suggestion if you stick with aggressive fish. Full grown percs could stand their own but a full grown lion would probsbly eat them. Easy pick.

How about some angels?

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
If he sticks with snowflake he should be fine with the fish he has listed, everyone I know whos lost fish to snowflakes were keeping fish way to small with them(gobies, blennies) Zebra would be my other moray suggestion they wont bother fish as long as you keep them fat and happy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store