Stocking for 20g high & 6g bowfront

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lexi_D

is *Magic*
Nov 25, 2007
PA
watershedrussiantortoise.blogspot.com
Hello all-- long time no see! I have taken quite a long hiatus both from this website and fishkeeping, but I am ready to get back into it :) and now I have a stocking question...I am moving soon and bringing 2 tanks with me: a 20g high and a 6g bowfront (Eclipse system). Both tanks will be planted.
Here’s what I’m thinking for the 20g:

*pair of dwarf cichlids (rams? apistos?)
* 4 (+?) panda or dwarf cories
* a mystery snail and/or some shrimp (probably depending on pH and other critters)

For the 6g I’d like to just do a betta and some shrimp or snails (or both!), and I'm assuming I'm maxed out at that (though correct me if I'm wrong).

For the 20g, I’m also open to maybe getting some killifish or barbs or something else instead — my main thing is, besides the betta and cories, I want to get something I’ve never had before & maybe something a little different from the usual. I have heard varying opinions on cichlids in a 20g (especially w/ the smaller footprint of the high tank) so I’m wondering what everyone thinks about this? I’ve always loved cichlids and would love to try my hand at them. Also for sure open to any stocking suggestions (not wanting livebearers atm though).

TIA!

P.S. I also posted this on FB so if any of you are in Fish Tank Alley sorry you now have to read this again lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store