• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Stocking ideas

Ian h

AC Members
I have 2 23 gal tanks, Dimensions: 30″ x 12″ x 18″ (76.2 cm x 30.48 cm x 45.72 cm) . 1 has 7 bronze cory's, 5 badnit cory's and 5 oto catfish. I am running a pann plax 1000 canister filter aswell as an aqua clear 50. I was curious if I could add anymore fish? I was thinking one who stays near the top?

And my other tank just has 5 Red eye tetras (will be adding more) and I might pick up some sewellia's or long fin pleco's. Any other suggestions?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
I'd split the cories into separate tanks. That would give plenty of room for a top dweller and pair with the red eyes. Sewellia do best in cooler, high flow tanks, so might not be the best to pair with your current inhabitants.

Ian h

AC Members
Update: I moved 3 Cory's over sofar(thanks for the idea OrionGirl), bought 2 Yoyo Loaches and now have 7 red eyed Tetras in my new tank. I added Harlequinn Rasoboras to my main tank and everyone (fish) seem happy and eating lol

fishorama

AC Members
You're going to need a bigger tank for the yoyos, & more of them.

They can grow from 1+ inch to 4 in a year or less.

Ian h

AC Members
Yeah I am hoping to get my brother in-law's old tank (55gal). I'm hoping the Yoyo's will be good for atleast a year. they're about 1.5 inches now. But if not I can buy one around september if needed.

Ian h

AC Members
hahahahaha yeah my 23 is a small one, a 45 is a normal to me. I'm hoping to get a 55 but gotta check prices.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store