Stocking opinions?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lefky

AC Members
Original poster
Apr 14, 2019
I have a 20g tank with gravel substrate. I want to keep a pair of GBR’s, a pair of Honey Gouramis and 6 cory catfish. I am looking into warmer water corys (maybe emeralds). I was wondering if it would matter the genders of the pairs of fish if they will fight with on another. My tank has 0 NO2 and NO3, I can keep the temp at 80-86F maximum. The PH has always been around 7.5 and I cannot test ammonia as of now with my test strips but I do plan on either getting a 6 in 1 test strip kit or the master kit. The list of plants are below. What is everyones thoughts?

42EA7FA8-C6FC-4183-95F9-923DC02B7C97.jpeg

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Is this a 20g high or long?

I believe emerald corys are cooler water fish, not warmer and gravel isn't the ideal substrate for corys unless it's fine/soft enough for them to sift through their gills.

I'd keep the test strips as backup and order that API master test kit.

Lefky

AC Members
Original poster
Apr 14, 2019
Is this a 20g high or long?

I believe emerald corys are cooler water fish, not warmer and gravel isn't the ideal substrate for corys unless it's fine/soft enough for them to sift through their gills.

I'd keep the test strips as backup and order that API master test kit.
20 long and I have green corys

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store