Stocking question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jenndes23

AC Members
Dec 29, 2019
Hi, just joined and I have already found this forum super helpful! Wondering if someone could help me with some stocking tips. I have a 32.5 gallon tank with 7 tetra glofish and 3 oto catfish. I’d love to add a bit of variety with some other small fish. (I know I can’t have too many more in my tank size).
I also would love to get an amano shrimp, but don’t know tons about them yet.
Any suggestions?
TIA

08DDE058-6922-44B6-82F9-B57BE7D7E09C.jpeg

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
What are the dimensions of this tank in Length x Width X Height? Since it's curved, take the measurements at the narrowest parts of the tank.

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Yes that would be fine. Don't get runny nose tetras though, get rummy noses!
Tank looks lovely already.

Reactions: dudley

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
I keep mostly cichlid tanks so I'm not very good at figuring stocking out for 'normal' tanks.

What fish are available near you that you might be interested in stocking? I know, I know, so many fish, so little room in the tank.;)

Reactions: Jenndes23

Jenndes23

AC Members
Dec 29, 2019
I keep mostly cichlid tanks so I'm not very good at figuring stocking out for 'normal' tanks.

What fish are available near you that you might be interested in stocking? I know, I know, so many fish, so little room in the tank.;)
That’s the problem! I keep wanting more and I can’t get a bigger tank lol.
right now I’m at:
7 glofish (my daughters)
2 oto catfish
6 rummynose tetras

I’d love to add one more group of cardinals or neons (6) but I’m struggling to figure out how many fish I can actually keep in my tank. So many different opinions.

ustabefast

AC Members
Jan 17, 2017
Santa Barbara area.
Real Name
Gregg
I'm assuming those glofish are Skirt Tetras, which get to a couple inches.
Assuming your tank is cycled, I'd say a group of neons or cardinals would be a fine way to complete the stocking.
Don't buy them too small, however. Skirt Tetras will eat a juvie neon or cardinal if they are small enough .
The other way to go would be to buy more Rummies. They do best and look best in large groups.

Reactions: Jenndes23
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store