Strange creature in tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tim watson

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
sydney, aus
STRANGE SHrimpy thingee

hello!

I have had my 3 gal set up for about 2 months now, which used to house a betta... it died. anyways when i was looking in the small tank which is full of snails, i noticed a shrimp think that is white, about 1 cm long, has 3 little spiky things coming off the tail ,and he has six little legs.
anyone know what this thing is? his eyes glow under torchlight and i tthink he is quite active at night. i put a few flakes in there, and the next day they were gone, so i think he ate thm...
ps. he cant swim
cheers

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
An introduced by luck animal,all shrimps can swim,a beetle larva?
a dragonfly or damselfly larva?

Tom.E

AC Members
Jan 6, 2000
New York, USA

waterspirit

Charlie don't surf...
Dec 11, 2002
Oak Grove, KY
Visit site
I'd be careful with that little guy. Some insect nymphs ie. dragonflies are predatory. If he gets bigger, he might go after some of your fish.

tim watson

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
sydney, aus
he looks like the picture on figure c of the first link posted by tom.e, hes not a shrimp but that was the only way i could explain it...
there is actually about 3 of them in there now, and there is a cover on the lid with only a small hole. but i guess he could have come in with a plant i put in there??...
thanks for info
TIM

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store