Summer Ponds and Tubs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Looks good. In the middle blue tub what is that growing in there? Has all that duck weed and then the bigger plant. Tubs looks good. Nice and dark in there to make the fish feel more secure. Now if only I could see them in person.

Orion for me pulling weeds is a pain in the arse but once I start I won't stop unless the sun becomes to intense (I'm allergic to the sun) or if something chases me off like bee's or wasps. Not sure if I'm allergic to there stings or not but not really interested in finding out either. Spiders and centipede's don't scare me off which is good cause in weeds like that those two are at home. How big is the yard?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
The yard isn't that big, but it was left untended for 2 summers prior to when we bought it, and we've honestly not done much more than keep the grass mown down. The patch I cleared is maybe 20 feet by 10 feet, and included a LARGE chunk of wild rose and wild blackberry that both have thorns nasty enough to go through leather gloves. Now that it's weeded, I'm going to tear out the bit of grass that's there, rock around it, and put in a small herb garden. Grass can take over the rest, it will be addressed down the line (plans for an outdoor kitchen).

I encountered spiders, centipedes, bumblebees, mosquitoes and snakes. Of the lot, the mosquitoes are the only ones I resent.

And, to add to the pics...rain drenched hyacinth on the goodeid tub. Snapped it while checking water levels to make sure nothing would overflow.

Pearl Leeri gouramies (sorry, Windy) and emperor tetras were picked up today and are acclimating to the 40 gallon tubs right now. :)

946879_10200503450483772_1467270849_n.jpg

946879_10200503450483772_1467270849_n.jpg

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
20'x10' that is clear? So its a nice sized yard. I had some weeds which grew some nice thorns not sure what it was but I hated the dang thing. Would poke through my gloves and it would leave the poked area itching like crazy. Haven't seen it back since I removed it though. Oh and no snakes where I'm at. Only chance of seeing a snake would be at the LFS or if someones snake gets loose.

That's a nice hyacinth you got there as well. Your plants really love the attention you give them.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
That would be total inattention. :) They're in the tubs, don't do much else. They were cleaned and fertilized when purchased--one of the local clubs does a group buy, and the gentleman who orders them makes sure they're in good shape. Another one is blooming today, and 2 have split already, so he does a great job.

Got the last three tubs leveled this morning, and saw the leeri's. They're looking happy.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Gabe the tubs have Anacahris in them along with Naja grass and Moss a little bit of Java Fern and Cabomba.. Plant pot luck LOL, really whatever i could throw out there from my tanks.. but yeah now i just need to find something that will eat the duckweed.. Crap grows to fast..

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Yay! My favorite time of year, ponds and tubs time! I wish I had waited to (finally) get my roselines though. I bought them from MG/Bob during his black Friday sale and although they are nice these ones out of the pond are going to be AMAZING! Wish I had another 4ft tank cause I'd love some more. :) Can you throw some rummynoses in there for me? I need more of those. lol

It is kinda strange seeing you with peaceful rainbows and barbs...should I be concerned? :uhoh:

Everyone else's stuff looks/sounds cool too. I would definitely do this myself but I have nothing to do with the lovely critters after summer seeing as I don't have room for more tanks, I don't ship fish and none of my LFS take trade ins. Hmm, I could put my roselines out for the summer.....oh boy off to find a tub now!!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I have nothing to do with the lovely critters after summer seeing as I don't have room for more tanks, I don't ship fish and none of my LFS take trade ins.
All hail aquarium society monthly auctions. And finding better LFSs

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
LOL Jen you crack me up girl.. As for the barbs and others i have just moved into another direction, pretty much tired of African cichlids, South Americans, Central Americans and Australians.. Yeah not too fond of the Rummy's but i am adding a small group of BloodFin Tetras tomorrow.. In the RoseLine and Boesemani pond i have a ton of fry already just don't know what species it is yet..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store