Sunlight’s tank journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
How are you doing? We have all had to deal with issues like this, don't beat yourself up over it. You tried to have the tank sealed the best you could, if you knew how to do it better you would have done so. I hope you get another frog (or more?) give them a great home you have a great biotope for them.

Sunlight

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
Hi everybody. I'm doing alright, it's just tough losing your favorite pet. My tank is in a bit of disarray, I plopped all of my plants back into the water to prevent them from drying out. Almost all wood and rocks are out of the tank right now. It's still running of course, because Reggie is in there, but it is all torn apart.

I think eventually I'm going to go get some different rocks now that the stores have opened up. Then redo the tank (but still the same style as I usually keep it at). Then once I'm ready I'll go get some more frogs. A few of them, hopefully. I'd love to get a blonde one online too. I'm curious how they will behave in groups.

The only thing I'm dreading is whether the new frogs I will get have chytrid. Any new frog is a roll of the dice, unfortunately-- especially if they come from different sources. I got lucky with Crash and Eddie. I think what I'll do is get two or so frogs from one place, then get a blonde one online. I'll keep the two typical-colored frogs in the tank and then quarantine the blonde frog in my bucket for 2 months. They say that's how long it takes to ensure new frogs don't have the chytrid fungus.

Thank you for all of your kind words. I am going to be making a memorial video for Eddie soon, cause he had such a little personality and I feel like he needs to be remembered. He was the best little man.

CichlidFins

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Real Name
Jay
Hi everybody. I'm doing alright, it's just tough losing your favorite pet. My tank is in a bit of disarray, I plopped all of my plants back into the water to prevent them from drying out. Almost all wood and rocks are out of the tank right now. It's still running of course, because Reggie is in there, but it is all torn apart.

I think eventually I'm going to go get some different rocks now that the stores have opened up. Then redo the tank (but still the same style as I usually keep it at). Then once I'm ready I'll go get some more frogs. A few of them, hopefully. I'd love to get a blonde one online too. I'm curious how they will behave in groups.

The only thing I'm dreading is whether the new frogs I will get have chytrid. Any new frog is a roll of the dice, unfortunately-- especially if they come from different sources. I got lucky with Crash and Eddie. I think what I'll do is get two or so frogs from one place, then get a blonde one online. I'll keep the two typical-colored frogs in the tank and then quarantine the blonde frog in my bucket for 2 months. They say that's how long it takes to ensure new frogs don't have the chytrid fungus.

Thank you for all of your kind words. I am going to be making a memorial video for Eddie soon, cause he had such a little personality and I feel like he needs to be remembered. He was the best little man.
Do ADFs normally come with the chytrid fungus or whatever it is?

Sunlight

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
Do ADFs normally come with the chytrid fungus or whatever it is?
Chytridiomycosis is the full name, it's basically a fatal fungus that spreads super easy. Think of the contagion levels of corona in humans. It's quite common for frogs in mass breeding facilities to have it and it's almost always fatal. The frog can not show signs of it for up to 2 months, so it's extremely important to properly quarantine new frogs before letting them mingle with healthy ones.

neontetraking

AC Members
May 16, 2020
Earth
Real Name
Jake
eeesh!

Sunlight

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
Hi everyone, it's been a few weeks since Eddie's passing and I have to say, I really miss having a frog. They bring so much joy in my life and even though I tear up when someone talks about Eddie, I want to feel the particular happiness that my little frog gave again. I think I'm ready.

I want to order from LiveAquaria, has anyone ordered from them before and are they a good and reputable shipper?

Reactions: angelcraze

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Aww. Lots of ? form me! :)

No, no, no, no, no, no. I know people who have HORRIBLE experiences with them. Would you just be ordering a frog?

• Wow
Reactions: Sunlight

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Oh yeah. Then dont bother (with LA). It wouldn't be worth the shipping anyways.
Well all of the bleeding hear tetras died (10) and they rough a disease into the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store