Swim Bladder and Mr. Moor

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Normal. I'm surprised the poop remained like that instead of white which would indicate internal infection. I think this is more floaty issue than anything else. I'd focus on the fresh foods for now. Shrimps and peas will work just fine.

carpenter547

The Desert Punk
Aug 11, 2010
imperial valley
Real Name
now that would be telling
just a bit of support. some time it looks like the fish especially new from lfs fish don't like the peas but its really more like feeding people babies. they have been raised to see flakes as food and don't really see the need to change that until they are hungry enough. just slice a pea squish leave and wait. some people like to talk to their fish. when my wifes new fancies were starting to act bloaty i gave them some peas. and yes i spoke with them but i would be banned if i said the exact words but, the general gist was look eat that or eat nothing your the fish i am the boss. :) now they really like them. i know it sounds about as weird as potty training at the point of a gun but it works.

nomommythatsmyfood

AC Members
Sep 6, 2010
Georgia
Real Name
Meag
Thanks for the support...but unfortunately the little guy started rolling today...belly up and couldnt even correct himself...he was barely breathing...broke my heart but I decided to euthanize him I just felt that after today there was no coming back for him...took him up to the store and got a few more opinions...I was thinking about relinquishing him and seeing if he would do better maybe in a much larger tank but then I decided to just put the poor little guy down...he went gently...thanks for all the help and the support! Im gonna just keep the 5 gal for my snails until I get the 20H up and running...prob do a fishless cycle...then try again...but I dont know if I want to continue with goldies bc they will get so big and I will have to upgrade a lot in the future...I may just go tropical and then if and when possible do a goldie tank one day...but like I said thank you guys so much for the help and support...my fam makes fun of me cause I love and care for my little fishies so much...so its really nice to be among like minded friends!

carpenter547

The Desert Punk
Aug 11, 2010
imperial valley
Real Name
now that would be telling
i am sorry to hear that my condolances.

if you are interested in a tank with gold colored fish and aren't gonna be able to set up for goldfishes mabey taking a look into orange playties or orange mollies would be useful :)

nomommythatsmyfood

AC Members
Sep 6, 2010
Georgia
Real Name
Meag
thanks you guys...

I was actually thinking about some boseami rainbows, and gold mollies...I love how the mollies bring out the yellow in the boseamis...then I also love gouramis but idk how big they get (havent looked too much into them) and I have heard that the dwarfs can often be aggressive...so idk i just love goldies...their little personalities...everything, but we shall just see what happens...thanks again you guys!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store