switching kribs what should i do need help easy question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kewlparrotz

AC Members
Dec 24, 2002
Visit site
Aight guys and girls i have two kribs in my room which is small and i always have the radio pretty loud im tryin to get these guys to breed but they just wont do it, is it because of the sound system that they wont breed.
then i started thinken i should put them downstairs in my 65 gallon where i put my other female that was getting beat up by the other two kribs. and the female i put in the 65 is doing really good. i was wondering would they have a better chance breeding in a quiet room in a 65 gallon tank but with three 5 inch parrots and a convict? im goin to put the pot in there for a good breeding spot and there is also already alot of hiden spots in the rocks and stuff in the 65
so what do you peeps think i should do either try quieting down my room in the empty 20 gallon or should i move them to the already quiet better tank?
help guys i need some appinions
your bud
kurt

Cichlid Woman

Dwarf cichlids rule ...
Nov 27, 2002
central Illinois
Visit site
If you put the pair in with the female and they DO get serious about breeding, one of the females will probably be killed by the other female. Was there a pot or a cave or something in the 20-gal?

I've got a pair of kribs that go through mating behavior all the time--for months now--and still no babies. I've been advised that patience is the answer. Sometimes it takes them a very long time to get serious.

As to noise? It could be a factor. If it's that loud, be careful there--did you see the recent posts about hearing loss (yours, not the fish's)?

HTH.

-- Pat

firetank

calibration boy
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
i'd leave the pair in the 20g --

if you were to transfer you might have 2 problems --

firstly if they did breed, and start getting territorial(which they do...) they might come off worse against your other inhabitants,

second, its gonna be a hell of a lot easier raising any resulting fry in a 20g with just the parents........

oh and you will lose one if you have 2 females in the same tank, from experience they are totally intolerant of each other......

:)

kewlparrotz

AC Members
Dec 24, 2002
Visit site
alright i did have a half a pot in the 20 gallon but all the kribs did would be sit around on the rocks no movement or sexual behavior so i put the two in the tank and as you said one of the females would kill the other one, ones already hiden so i think im gonna see if my buddy will buy it off me if not then ill either get some store credit for it or just give it to my friend. the other two kribs are showing beautiful colors and i put my java moss in there too for coverage.
so i think that my left out krib will be alright for a while.
thanks a bunch
do ya have any other suggestions
thanks
lata

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store