Tanganykian 220

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pearl

AC Members
Aug 12, 2009
Michigan
Real Name
Vicki
Congratulations on the tank. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's fully stocked.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
At the price of Cyp's (and overnight shipping to get them here alive) I can't afford to stock a huge school. Maybe a dozen F1 juvies, depends on how much the first super red BN trio sells for when I list them on aquabid.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Here's a few pics of the wee spiney eel I picked up from jakezori Sunday. Skinny little critter, particularly for the length, the air bladder is bigger than the belly. Quite active and apparently healthy though, will have to see if it fattens up like the plagiostoma.
The elipsifer is commonly called the leopard eel, but the markings on this one are definitely more leopard-like than the elipsifer's:

I've never seen a spiney eel (or any other fish) with such a prominent air bladder:

Ignore the reflection, the actual ruler is a better indication of the size:

The visible vent in the bottom pic indicates it's a female:

Along with the 12 2" featherfins the tank now also houses 8 juvie Synodontis lucipinnis, a handful of nearly grown BN and the half-dozen or so fry that hitchiked in an ornament, a couple of multi's (also from jakezori), and a plagiostoma spiney eel.
Will have some new fish coming after the next CCA meeting on the 12th, expecting to pick up a group of baby buescheri, pair of Cyp's, and a single blue-spot goby.
Waiting to hear about availability of a group of speckleback Cyp's, but it doesn't look promising. May go with Kiriza blacks from Dave's if I can't find the specklebacks.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Here's the first pics reposted, moved them to a new folder on photobucket:

I've added more rocks and 2 mats of artificial plants, and will be rearranging things as it goes along. The speckleback Cyp's are available/coming, I'll post fresher pics after the new fish are in.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
New fish from the CCA meeting today, and more coming this week. I picked up 5 juvie Zaire gold buescheri, an adult pair of Cyp pavo, and a young male Eret cyan goby. Group of 9 young speckleback Cyp's arriving Tuesday, and waiting to see if I win an aquabid auction for M. parva rainbows later today.
The skinny little spiney eel has gotten a bit more plump with daily gorging on frozen bloodworms, and seems to be settling in quite well, though she only comes out from under cover for food. Still has a long way to go to match the plagiostoma in girth, but I don't doubt she'll get bigger.
I'll post more pics after the rest of the fish are stocked and settled in a bit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store