tell me about BOTIA MORLETI. skunk botia

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mwood322

AC Members
They can be aggressive and nippy. Depending on what other fish you have you might be in for a problem. Even very small they are quite nippy.

I keep mine with other loaches, tiger barbs, and other semi-aggressive fish.

--Mia

AikidoGuy

Cichlidiot
Jul 3, 2001
Sparta, New Jersey
i have them with some larger clown loaches,a red tailed shark, a gold nugget pleco, and so fara bunch of nics in a 150gal.

carpguy

lots of small fish
Jul 15, 2002
nyc
Visit site
I'd been looking at these guys, but the folks over at loaches.com seem to think the morletis were on the aggressive side of the coin. Not everyone seemed to mind that, but no one seemed to disagree. I don't know how much it will help, but I'd be sure to have plenty of caves.

I would have preferred morletis on biotope grounds and I think they're a handsome loach, but I went with 4 botia striata (zebra loaches) instead. I just picked them up yesterday, but they seem very friendly -- they all slept in the same cave, playful but no squabbling.

wethead

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Phila. burbs
Visit site
I picked up my trio 2yrs ago at a fish club auction( my favorite source for fish) & put them in an angel tank. I had to move them within a week bacause of the tendency to nip at fins. They are now in my feeder guppy tank helping to keep the population in check. They seem to eat anything & everything with a preference for live food. They don't do muchfor snail control though...Rich

Steve Ballee'

AC Members
Sep 26, 2002
Visit site
If they get in the mood

then they will work on snails as well, but in a fry tank, doubt they would look to the snails for snacks.. have a couple of them, got them at about an inch each, but are now closer to 3.. they are quite nippy, and very territorial to each other, for the most part, they are leaving the 9 black skirt tetras, 4 Ottos, and 3 albino corie tank mates alone.. getting ready to add a few angels to the mix, so will have to see how they handle them.. personally, have regretted getting them, but with 6 tanks now, I have room to keep them seperated if needed. )

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store