The Gold fish you should keep in a Goldfish Bowl

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
those are killifish :p I keep them..still would never recommend keep them in a bowl, even with a filter.

Ichthius

AC Members
Dec 2, 2008
Mine are very health and happy in a bowl. To each their own, but unhappy fish don't spawn every day like these do.

If it helps keep a goldfish out of a bowl and people are successful that is how the hobby grows.

Which species do you breed?

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
aphyosemion Australe
aphyosemion Straium
fundalopanchax gardoneri gardoneri
Aplocheilus lineatus
apysemion bitaneata " lagos red"
and soon to be breeding Fundalopanchax sjoestedti
[h=1][/h]

Ichthius

AC Members
Dec 2, 2008
Good fish. Do you have a location on the STR? I'm looking to get Lambarene or one of the newer collections.

These are for my 2 year old because he always wants to go into the fishroom but it's not exactly kid proofed at this point. Having the bowl on the dinner table keeps him in his high chair about 2x longer than normal.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
no sadly i have no location for the fish I currently have...thats the next step in my collection.

mesto

There's a FISH in the percolator!
Apr 28, 2012
I keep mine in a well-filtered 40B and they seem to enjoy that. Spawn a lot in there too. I have read they will tolerate very small tanks.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
Killifish in the wild live in small puddles that are constantly drying up. Some even live in the mud during the dry season. The problem with keeping them in a bowl is that eventually one is going to jump out unless you hve a top.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store