Thunderblizzard

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
I've never heard of this happening anywhere but in Wyoming...

THUNDERBLIZZARD

Seriously, I'm not trying to top anyone when I say Wyoming has the craziest weather in the U.S. :) Anyways, we're up to 25.8" of snow in 48 hours, the highest two day total in history for Cheyenne. Probably 20" were last night. Expected to get somewhere between 30" and 40" at this point. I live in a rural residential area, and I'm not going anywhere for at least the next three days, probably closer to five or six. The drifts across the street are 5' to 6'. I'd take some pics, but can't see that far through the blowing snow right now and I'm not going out there just to take some.

WYite

Last edited:

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Sounds not so awesome. These are the reasons I own 2 and 1/2 snowblowers. LOL.

A few weeks back we got 33" on a Saturday morning alone and that was on top of the 2-3ft we already had on the ground and on our roofs. There were a series of ice storms in between as well. That was a lot of fun after a 12hr shift. My 15yr/old "tried" clearing it with one of my snowblowers, but only got a little of it.

So many folks in my area had roof damage, including myself. I have a metal roof and the weight of the snow/ice build up moving downwards over time tore the snow bars/guards off, bent some of my plumbing vents over and on my electrical service entrance, bent the heavy-walled conduit weather-head over some.

• Wow
Reactions: dudley
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store