Tiger Barbs always hide, have had them for over a year now

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amf1996

Registered Member
May 30, 2019
Hello!
When I first got my tiger barbs they were very active fish, always swimming around. But since roughly 7 months ago they started hiding all the time. I did get a new light but it is not really any brighter than the previous one that I had. The tank is well planted and they are a school of 7 ( in a 20g long). They hide in my very overgrown water wisteria exclusively. Any ideas of why it is like this? We always had tiger barbs in my family’s fish tank when I was a kid. From what I remember they were not ones to hide, always swimming all over the place.
EEF66C06-2D0B-411B-B21E-B610598AA503.jpeg

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Welcome and that's a nice looking setup. That is odd with your TB. Do you have a read in PPM for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? I've only got one tiger barb left out of a batch I bought from Petsmart some years ago, but he/she is always out and about.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Check your water parameters. They maybe a little off.

ustabefast

AC Members
Jan 17, 2017
Santa Barbara area.
Real Name
Gregg
Agreed, it's probably the water parameters.

If you don't have test kits try doing a couple of big water change and see if that perks them up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store