Too much filter media?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SRT80

Registered Member
Feb 2, 2005
Hello, about a year ago I bought the fiji cube AIO filter for a 75 gallon tank. Since being on QT I have pulled it out and thinking about switching to it. I plan to sit it in the center of my 72 bowfront. Hoping the gravel will let it sit a little higher as I think the 72 is deeper than the 75.

But anyways, if you're not familiar, its just like any AIO setup pretty much. Water overflows into a pre filter section where I have some coarse sponge in the trays inside the filter sock. Than there is a baffle and water goes into large chamber. Another baffle and the water flows to the return chamber where the return pump and heater will be.

I have 6 500 gram bags of ceramic rings with 20 ppi sponge between each bag. I have another 500 gram bag in the overflow chamber as well on some sponge. I built a shelf with egg crate so the media is raised to allow water flow to each chamber.

Picture is the back view of filter.

Thoughts?

20200513_153536.jpg

20200513_162310.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store