Tumbling angelfish!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Heimao

AC Members
Jun 18, 2017
hello,
Please help! My angel fish is out of control, physically. She keeps bobbling around and tumbling in circles. She is disabled-she only has one eye, but has been doing fine for a year and a half. She started this after I cleaned the tank, and the other fish are fine. I ordered some stress reliever, and as my nitrites were a little high, some nite out 2. I really don't want her to die!
Thank you!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Was it nitrites or nitrates that were high? How often do you do water changes on this tank? From the sounds of it, you need to keep up on more consistent water changes. The angel could have been effected by a huge pH or other water parameter swing due to this.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Nitrites should never happen in an established tank unless the bio portion of your filter got compromised or you had a sudden increase in your bio load? Regardless, 20% per week WC doesn't sound like enough for your bio load. I never do less than a 50% per week. Some of my tanks are dumped right down to where the fish are starting to give me the one-eye up.

Heimao

AC Members
Jun 18, 2017
Lol thank you! I got her some antibiotics, and I'll go to 50% in a few days.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I would focus more on water changes and good steady water parameters than on adding medications to the tank.

Reactions: PVC filter
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store