Turbo snails reproducing too much!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
If you had them 2-3 weeks, then they aren't reproducing. You are getting snails from elsewhere. The ones you have are likely Collonista sp. snails. Turbo species have a complex planktonic stage that would be nearly impossible in most aquaria, not to mention that they need cooler water to reproduce.

KLelle

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
Toronto, Canada
www.kirstilangen.ca
oh now i've had the snails for at least 5 months now, i only started to notice babies popping up everywhere first it was just three new ones now they have grown quite a bit and are developing a shell the others are still really tiny and i have no idea where they would have came from because i haven't changed any rock or sand or fish or anything since i got the two original snails or even before that. i just looked at some pictures of the collonista sp snails and the semi larger ones snails have almost the same resemblance so that might be the case! but how did they get in my tank?? and are they algae eaters as well?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store