u guys make the call 75g w/ kribs what else?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

brandonb8

AC Members
Mar 21, 2004
Visit site
Hey guys, just wanted to get some advice from the more experienced cichilid keepers. I recently bought a 75 gallon tank and had intended to do malawi cichlids but after seeing the prices and battling with hardness issues, I decided to put in some kribs. I also currently have 3 giant danios in the tank. I am wondering what else I could put in the tank that would make for interesting interaction and beautiful color. Any recommendations are very much appreciated and will be utilized to the fullest. My water parameters are a little high for these kribs but they seem to do ok. I also have a bunch of rocks, caves for territorial reasons so that should not be an issue. My GH is around 8 and my ph is around 7.5. My local water supply is around 8.0 so i split the difference b/c of cost of proper ph, etc. Once again thanks for any info.

Brandon

Seaman

Shrimp gumbo, shrimp salad etc...
May 22, 2004
Im like air im everywhere (Dallas, TX)
if it were me id get 2 pairs of kribs.....and

2 pictus cats

I think that it would be cool to get a nice sized scool of some fish....depending on what you like....maybe 20-25 cardinal tetras.
I bet it would be cool to watch the krib's run through the school of tetras!

and i bet if you keep the pictus cats fed well they wouldnt even try to eat any tetras.

kevinfishboy

AC Members
Feb 7, 2004
rockford
Visit site
wouldn't the pictus cats eat the tetras that would be my only concern

Seaman

Shrimp gumbo, shrimp salad etc...
May 22, 2004
Im like air im everywhere (Dallas, TX)
I have 2 pictus in my tank and they dont even eat my shrimp as long as i keep them fed well enough.....and those tetras will get 2-2 1/4" and thats probbably a bit big for the pictus to try and swollow in one gulp

brandonb8

AC Members
Mar 21, 2004
Visit site
tried to put in a second pair of kribs but the ones i have are currently breeding and quite pissy. may take the advice on the cardinal tetras. thanks any other help is appreciated.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store