Um... I'm lost with what to do.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Chase Glover

AC Members
Feb 2, 2017
IMG_1264.JPG IMG_1266.JPG Well, I got a new betta and tank Saturday. He shows interest in the food but either just when anders around and doesn't eat it. Or he puts it his mouth then spits it back out. I have tried pellets, blood worms, daphnia, mysis. Nothing is working, what to do?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Give him a bit to settle in, and try letting dried foods soak in a bit of tank water before adding them. If the tank cycled? Do you have a test kit to monitor ammonia levels? Did you treat the water for chorine/chloramines?

Chase Glover

AC Members
Feb 2, 2017
Give him a bit to settle in, and try letting dried foods soak in a bit of tank water before adding them. If the tank cycled? Do you have a test kit to monitor ammonia levels? Did you treat the water for chorine/chloramines?
Yes and yes, I have and did both.

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Give him a week and I'd think he'll be eating. He may only be marginally hungry, and what you have is different enough food not to be interesting. If he otherwise looks interested in his surroundings I wouldn't worry about it yet.

Reactions: Chase Glover

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
What temp is the tank? I agree that he'll likely be fine so long as water conditions are good, but if the temp is lower, that's also going to reduce his hunger. If he still is't eating after several days, see if you can get some live food to offer.

Keep in mind that fish can go for quite a long time without eating just fine.

Chase Glover

AC Members
Feb 2, 2017
What temp is the tank? I agree that he'll likely be fine so long as water conditions are good, but if the temp is lower, that's also going to reduce his hunger. If he still is't eating after several days, see if you can get some live food to offer.

Keep in mind that fish can go for quite a long time without eating just fine.
It's at 79.2.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Curious...are all the plants artificial? Seems odd on such a new tank to have algae stains on some unless borrowed from another tank.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
How did you cycle this tank? Which method, how long? What are the tank parameters? Can you post pictures of the test tubes please so we can confirm the results?

You have another Betta who is currently sick. Did you get this Betta from the same place you got the other one from?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store