Update on "It came from outer space!!"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Whittam

AC Members
Oct 14, 2007
Bwlchgwyn, North Wales, UK
Thanks everyone for your advice in my last thread re my turbo snail killing flatworm.

I still havent managed to catch the blighter, but have caught one of its relatives!

Can anyone identify it as I'm reluctant to return him to the tank without knowing a little more about him.

Can't seem to post a pic for some reason.

He's approx 3cm long x 1 cm wide x 2 - 3 mm thick.

White / opake

with a solid white line running tip to tip, presumably his intestine.

I'll keep working on getting the photo down loaded.
Many thanks.

Whittam

AC Members
Oct 14, 2007
Not sure,

I thought nudi's had gill structures on their dorsum. This has no structures at all, just like a peice of ribbon.

If I could get the **** attachments working on this I'd show you.

D

Artemis JT

AC Members
May 24, 2008
Wiscawnsin
Hmmm. Maybe a bristleworm. Hard to tell though, pics kinda blurry.

Not really bad for the aquarium, that is, if it's Bristle worm.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
It looks way to thin to be a polyclad to me. ANy chance of a better picture, perhaps with a friend's camera?
It just looks like a standard round or ribbon worm to me.

Whittam

AC Members
Oct 14, 2007
Alas my little visitor is no more, removed him from the tank until I could get an id but I think the eventual temperature change was too much for him.

When my wife spotted him originally I thought it maybe a bristle worn, but on examination was completely smooth and extremely thin, to the point of almost transparent.

I think you maybe right Charlesr1958, it looks similar in body shape to some of the polyclad worms in your link, and may certainly explain why I've been loosing approx 5-10 snails per month, though I still feel he was not alone.

Time to rebait my traps me thinks, and see if i catch more.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store