Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent help needed!!

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by Alannahmay, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Alannahmay

Alannahmay AC Members

Jun 23, 2016
    Ahhh!!! Guys, my lemon jake took a huge beating when I was out of town for the night. I'm freaking out and have him isolated from the bully. I don't even know what to do!! I'm rehoming the two trouble makers in the tank tomorrow. Please help!

image.jpeg

2. irishspy

irishspy There is a stargate in my aquarium.

Sep 16, 2016
    Awww... the poor guy. You'll need to worry about bacterial and fungal infections. Regular water changes will help: give him the best water you can. Also keep some pimafix and melafix handy in case something does show up. And good luck!

Wild West likes this.
  3. Alannahmay

Alannahmay AC Members

Jun 23, 2016
    I know I'm so sad about it :( okay, I do have Pimafix already added to water because of this. Thank you so much for your help

Wild West likes this.
  4. tanker

tanker Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!

Jessica
    Yesterday at 1:45 AM
    Jessica
    You can be surprised on how fish recover. Can you put him into a different tank, with some meds, and good feeding he should recover. :(

Wild West likes this.
  5. Tifftastic

Tifftastic "With your powers combined . . ."

Tiff
    Today at 10:32 AM
    Tiff
    Oh no, that's always awful when it happens. Cichlids are hardy though and usually bounce back quickly. Agreed with frequent water changes to help him heal more rapidly and keep the likelyhood of infection down. Pimafix and Melafix can be used together, one is antibacterial and one is antifungal. Also, Melafix can help increase the rate of healing too. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.