violet gobie

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

johnw

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
central Mo.
Visit site
I could use some advice on my violet gobie;like how big is he gonna get? I thought they were carnivoris but he seems happy with algae chips with an occaisional tubifex and a dozen feeder guppies once in a while. As long as I'm here, does any one have the scientific names for "zippered loach" and "peppered loach"? tanksalot

Sharyl C

Mola and Me
Violet gobies are scarvengers. They'll eat both animal and plant foods when given the opportunity as long as they don't have to hunt it down. tubiflexs and algae chips are good. you couls also offer sinking brine pellets, and frozen bloodworms. They also tend to do better on sandy substrates.

check out www.fishbase.org for the scientific names on the loaches.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Not sure on how big they will get, but mine is at least 6 inches and thriving in freshwater. Some will say this is not good, but had this one for over a year and he's doing great... And, he/she leaves the Discus alone. :)

I have some good pictures I should post sometime..

johnw

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
central Mo.
Visit site
I've had this guy(?) about 3 months. bought him at 6 in. and he is now 9+.seems fine in hard freshwater. thanks for all the imput,I've been at this a while but there is always something to learn.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Mine's over 12" & in FW. It has several tumors due to being kept in FW, I believe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store