What’s wrong pls help!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Are you asking what's wrong with your guppy? Are you referring to her mouth or her body shape?

Joey_Fishworld

AC Members
Feb 15, 2021
Are you asking what's wrong with your guppy? Are you referring to her mouth or her body shape?
Pls help I’m not sure what’s wrong with her in the photo she has developed a white patch on her body she swims fine and eats a little but idk what it is and idk if I should take her out

Joey_Fishworld

AC Members
Feb 15, 2021
Can you describe the patch? Is it bumpy or fuzzy? Water parameters?
I don’t have any testing kits for the water but i can’t tell if it it’s bumpy or fuzzy but it looks like scales that are peeling off and it’s white (I’m sorry I’m beginner)

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
I don’t have any testing kits for the water but i can’t tell if it it’s bumpy or fuzzy but it looks like scales that are peeling off and it’s white (I’m sorry I’m beginner)
Sounds like something might be irritating her scales. Mostly something to do with water quality.

please do get a water testing kit, it is essential to know water parameters and doing always nitrogen cycle so then there is no surprises why are my fish dying, why is my fish sick or why it doesnt want to eat*^* these are prety much basics if you want to keep fish.

i would recommend these tests:

- JBL labolatory one (very accurate)
- API Master Test kit (idk how accurate it is, never used it but it may be more easily found in USA)

Joey_Fishworld

AC Members
Feb 15, 2021
Sounds like something might be irritating her scales. Mostly something to do with water quality.

please do get a water testing kit, it is essential to know water parameters and doing always nitrogen cycle so then there is no surprises why are my fish dying, why is my fish sick or why it doesnt want to eat*^* these are prety much basics if you want to keep fish.

i would recommend these tests:

- JBL labolatory one (very accurate)
- API Master Test kit (idk how accurate it is, never used it but it may be more easily found in USA)
Thank you so much but since I quarantined her and changed her water she looks better but I’ll try to get some testing kits thank you for the advice I appreciate it!!

Reactions: Sprinkle

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Thank you so much but since I quarantined her and changed her water she looks better but I’ll try to get some testing kits thank you for the advice I appreciate it!!
And when you get the testing kit, make sure that ammonia and nitrite are always 0ppm and make sure that nitrate is 20ppm or less :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store