What Ich remedies can I use with peacock eel in the tank??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mummyof2

AC Members
Apr 11, 2003
New York
Visit site
He doesn't have ich but I am suspecting that a fish or two MAY have ich. (not many spots yet...) What can I use safely? I have malachite green as I have live plants as well.
Thanks for the info,
Barbara

cmartin

Extra tanks - no place to setup :(
Mar 14, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
I used AquariaSol (I think that is the name). It is for sensitive fish and I have black ghost knife.

I used it at half the recommended strength for twice as long...so 1/2 dose for twice as many days as listed.

It will kill any inverts as it contains copper. Not sure of effects on plants - I removed all of the plants before I started to treat.

I also put the temp up to 82-83.

It worked well for me and no ill effects on the black ghost - but then again - he did not have any spots to start with - just the Tetras.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Salt and heat are all you need to treat Ich, forget the chemicals, 1 tsp/gallon will do it. Just raise the temp to about 82 to speed up the life cycle of the parasite, (they're only vulnerable in the free-swimming stage) and the salt will blast them when they leave the cysts on the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store