What is the name of this fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Sep 28, 2020
I bought these two a year ago and forgot the name. Can’t find the name anywhere online. I want to do more research about them so I can take care of them better

image.jpg

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Welcome to AC! They are redtailed rasboras, rasbora borapetensis. I love them! Very underrated fish. If you have room add several more, they're schooling/shoaling fish.

You look to have a nice planted tank, what size is it? We'd like a full tank shot if you can please.

Sep 28, 2020
Welcome to AC! They are redtailed rasboras, rasbora borapetensis. I love them! Very underrated fish. If you have room add several more, they're schooling/shoaling fish.

You look to have a nice planted tank, what size is it? We'd like a full tank shot if you can please.
Thanks for responding! I just finished a new aquascape! It’s a 20 gallon on my dresser

image.jpg

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Thanks! That looks nice, especially the lush crypt! Your water seems cloudy, is it?...Does sunlight come in the back? A background can help if that's the case.

Sep 28, 2020
Thanks! That looks nice, especially the lush crypt! Your water seems cloudy, is it?...Does sunlight come in the back? A background can help if that's the case.
Yeah there’s a mirror behind there since it’s a dresser. Or it could be a little fluorite dust in the water I just finished a few hours ago.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Think about a dark background, even a trash bag works or poster board. The mirror will "almost, sorta" double any sun...& may cause algae or other trouble. I've only used Flourite once & it wasn't new then. It could also be the camera highlighting that cloudiness. I'm not into taking pics, wrong hobby, lol.

Sep 28, 2020
Think about a dark background, even a trash bag works or poster board. The mirror will "almost, sorta" double any sun...& may cause algae or other trouble. I've only used Flourite once & it wasn't new then. It could also be the camera highlighting that cloudiness. I'm not into taking pics, wrong hobby, lol.
Alright I’ll probably get a black board to put behind there or something. I just re did the aquascape. It looked kinda mediocre before bc I rushed it. Also not sure about the cloudiness, hopefully it’ll settle down.

image.jpg

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
How did I miss the big angel? It looks like you rearranged again? Except for the big crypt...Please pick out those red substrate bits soon-ish, they're very distracting, lol.

Sep 28, 2020
How did I miss the big angel? It looks like you rearranged again? Except for the big crypt...Please pick out those red substrate bits soon-ish, they're very distracting, lol.
Hahaha there’s too many red pieces I accidentally mixed from my old substrate. I’m too lazy to get them out but will eventually.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store