What would I do?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lyferxb9s

AC Members
Sep 9, 2012
Wow last time I was here it was an old school white background with a cool banner photo at the top lol ok I’m old what should I do with the top 125 once the jardini is sold and moved to the pond? I’ve done big African cichlids and tons of haps/peacocks so not that. I was thinking maybe an electric catfish, grow out some bass or aros for the pond till they’re 10”+ so they won’t get eaten?

What should I do? video

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, I'm missing our white background even after a few years. Us old timers were gob smacked by this sudden color change...I pretend now it's OK but it's not quite...sniffle

OK, I have no ideas about electric catfish but I never went African cichlids either except once...,but welcome back anyway. I hope someone can help you...it's not me...sorry

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Personally i'd grow some plants - the larger the aquarium; the more plants you can grow !

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Yes, Jake, I always like plants too! But don't some African cichlids eat them? & I'm not sure about electric cats or those other fish...probably not to my thinking.

As for pond fish, I've always wanted to try weather loaches. They get pretty long but well, I dunno. My husband is not on board to trying fish in our pool...yet? He swims more than I do, lol

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Yes, Jake, I always like plants too! But don't some African cichlids eat them? & I'm not sure about electric cats or those other fish...probably not to my thinking.

As for pond fish, I've always wanted to try weather loaches. They get pretty long but well, I dunno. My husband is not on board to trying fish in our pool...yet? He swims more than I do, lol
Well depends if they are lake africans or west africans; but truth be told most plants prefer softer water than lake africans. Having said this i wasn't sure if the op was dead set on hardwater africans after all they are all so vicious monsters. I've most trend towards gentler species (though in truth i do have angels and i sometime think they are meaner than the mean africans; they certainly have a good bite to them when they feel like biting the hand that feeds them.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, you did say electric cats, so even people like me think electric African cats might be suited to other African fish...

Have you searched planetcatfish for both electric cats & what other fish they're found with? I think there are several electric cats but I have no ideas on compatibility...or availability...

If p.bass & arros are on your short list you might be better asking on AC's sister site Monster Fish Keepers. I think you can link from here. Try the MFK tab at the top.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store