Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What Would You Put In Here?

Discussion in 'General Freshwater' started by ConcentratedPassion, Jan 12, 2019.

1. ConcentratedPassion

ConcentratedPassion AC Members

Today at 8:38 AM
    So, it's been almost a decade since I've had an aquarium up and running. I've had the urge to do a simple 10g setup that is both space and time conducive. I finally cracked today and bought all of my necessary supplies. So while it's cycling or the next few days, i have time for considerations.

I am simply looking for opinions on what YOU would put in this specific tank. I have a general idea of what I want, but I'm hoping this little exercise will possibly generate some ideas I have been neglecting or forgetting.

Any opinion and idea is certainly valued. Whether it be a suggestion for a species tank, or nano community. Anything is appreciated.

20190112_110514.jpg

2. the loach

the loach AC Members

33 minutes ago
    White cloud mountain minnows and some shrimp

3. FreshyFresh

FreshyFresh Global Moderator
    Staff Member

Joel
    Today at 10:39 AM
    Joel
    Welcome and it's a nice looking setup.

How are you cycling this tank in a few days?

4. ConcentratedPassion

Thank you.

It'll be more than a few days... Loose wording. It can easily be done, but I'm not adding anything until next Saturday at the earliest.

FreshyFresh likes this.
  5. platytetrafan

platytetrafan AC Members

Jan 12, 2019
    It will take you months to cycle the tank. I just cycled my 10 gallon QT so that I can quarantine new fish and start increasing the schools of fish in my 36 gallon. I started cycling the QT on Oct 21 2018 and the tank just finished cycling a few days ago. I used 4 glo danios for cycling and they did fantastic through the cycling process without illness so they are going to go into my 36 gallon I will be adding a few more of them once they go through the QT process. Daily I changed out 25% of the the water and added seachem stability after each water change and it worked for me. If you are thinking your tank will cycle in days it's impossible you're looking at a few months but it will be worth it. Good luck!! Remember to check ammonia nitrite and finally nitrate levels through your cycling process. Glo danios are an excellent hardy fish and I agree so are the white cloud minnows.

#5 platytetrafan, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  6. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin AC Members

Today at 5:39 AM
    I'd put a betta in the tank, but not a big fan of the fake plastic plants.

7. ConcentratedPassion

It certainly won't take months. All you need is some bio material from an established tank. Thank you for the concern though.

Thanks for the couple of suggestions, to those that gave them, as well.

CarpCharacin likes this.
  8. OrionGirl

OrionGirl No freelancing!

Sheila
    Friday at 8:05 AM
    Sheila
    Real plants.

What are you looking to get from the tank? A fish with personality? Action? It's difficult to make suggestions since my goals for a 10 will be unlikely to match yours...

dudley and the loach like this.
  9. dougall

dougall ...

Today at 10:30 AM
    I'm another for real plants, not fake.

real will have a beneficial impact on water quality, fake can be stiff/sharp enough to cause harm to fish.

So using live plants will make tank maintenance take less time, potentially.

I would also go with dwarf shrimp, it keeps everything much simpler.

10. dudley

dudley Eheim User

Dee
    42 minutes ago
    Dee
    What are you using for filtration on this tank and do you have a lid to keep fish in the tank?

I agree there are a lot of options and what you like will be different than what I like. IF you will be buying fish locally, what do they have available that you like?