Where is everybody?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I've been back to visiting this site on a pretty regular basis for a few weeks now, but it seems that traffic is much lower than a few years ago. What happened? Vendors who used to be active have been quiet for significant amounts of time. Some of the more familiar AC vets are still showing up regularly, but it seems a lot of people that used to be regulars no longer are. Am I just missing the traffic somehow, or is it really a lot lower than it was before? It seems that the fight with Monster was won, and then people decided this isn't the place to be.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Winter is coming for many of us so site traffic tends to pick up. We may not be the busiest site, but that's the price you pay for quality and knowledge. ;)

Reactions: dudley

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Lots of folks went to Facebook, and just moved on.

It will get busier, then slower.. it happens.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Lots of folks went to Facebook, and just moved on.

It will get busier, then slower.. it happens.
This saddens me. There was a bustling community before, not only of interesting minds, but also vendors. Oh well, we'll have to see if it picks back up!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
It takes a lot of dedicated folks to keep a site active that is pretty much topic specific.

Reactions: FreshyFresh

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
True. I hit another forum, joined it, made a few posts, but the more I read, the more dissatisfied I became. Most of the forum threads are filled with "yay, you did a thing!" whether or not the thing in question was a smart thing or not. It's nice to have a cheering section, but sometimes, you need to have someone caution you when you may be doing something questionable. I at least try to learn from other peoples' mistakes so I don't have to make them all.

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
PEEK A BOO :)

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name