Where to buy a different attachment for 303b filter

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Although I like what I hear about Sunsun filters I believe attachments and replacement parts are near impossible to get. Someone correct me if I am wrong please. A generic nozzle may work though, just have to find the right one. Search for aquarium "jet return" "nozzle" "out flow" etc and you will find all sorts of options.

Here is an example. You can certainly find them cheaper on Ebay and such. http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/retur...MYJGun09vcQvx7C4mLBoVpJjktMpNBZtDgBoCI6vw_wcB

You could always make a nozzle by heating up the end of a piece of PVC and squeezing it with pliers. Just need to figure out how to attach it.

Example of a whole diy return. But the end piece on the bottom right is the squished pvc I am referring to.

Reactions: Rammerjammer24

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
if the flow isnt restricted in any way other than head hight, it should remain the same.

surface agitation will depend how you have your return pointing, if it points down from under the water, it should not affect the surface.

you can get a variety of water returns at a SW fish shop in the plumbing section, you will need to know the inside diameter of your hose.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
What dougall said. ;)

Is that why you want to switch to a jet type return, for increased flow and surface agitation?

Rammerjammer24

AC Members
Aug 19, 2016
if the flow isnt restricted in any way other than head hight, it should remain the same.

surface agitation will depend how you have your return pointing, if it points down from under the water, it should not affect the surface.

you can get a variety of water returns at a SW fish shop in the plumbing section, you will need to know the inside diameter of your hose.
It will be the same height. I guess I expected more flow from the spray bar. The hold closer to the end have more flow than the holes at the start of the spray bar. So flow will still be the same then. What about taking the guard off the end of the intake?

Rammerjammer24

AC Members
Aug 19, 2016
And I have the jets pointed towards the surface and it seems to have plenty of agitation. I even have one bar pointed down (the holes that have less flow) so that I won't have a corner that accumulates stuff.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
flow will be the same, the speed of the output water may be faster... depends mostly on the overall surface area of the output holes.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Sunsun parts are all over eBay, but they're going to be the similar to what came with the unit. If you don't want the spray-bar, just pull it off and just have the water discharge straight out of the elbow. That's what I did with my Sunsun 302. I used the spray bar until the lousy suction cups gave out, then just pulled it off. FWIW, I love my little Sunsun 302. I'll get another when the time comes. For $40 shipped to your door, they're the best bang for your buck IMO. Have had mine going for 3yrs now with various media changes is all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store