Where to buy kribensis

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fish_3456

AC Members
Jun 29, 2005
I was looking thru a book about freshwater fish at my friends house and i saw a kribensis or "krib" by the time i was done looking at the information i made my mind to buy the fsh but i just dont know where to buy it. I read in a article in the web that petsmart and petco dont sale the fish, i would really like to buy a pair so that they could mate and have fry. I was hopping to buy them in a pet shop not the web. please help :confused:

Ramirezi

Punish the Deed not the Breed
Apr 26, 2005
Florida
you will probably have to call around to mom and pop fish stores. if you have any in your area, look in the yellow pages. the local fish stores may even special order a pair for you. only two lfs in my town sell them. and one of them get the kribs from people who give them their fry. the other will order fish for you if they can get it from their distributor.
the chain stores like petco, petsmart and the like dont carry ANY dwarf cichlids like Rams or Kribs. the seem to be hung up on tankbusters and common community livebearers like platys and guppies.
my kribs just had fry, if i knew where you were i'd gladly give you some if my fry make it to an inch long. i'm in tallahassee, fl

Fish_3456

AC Members
Jun 29, 2005
Well i will try to see if the pet store down the street have some but i highly doubt it, but they have them counting that they have salt water marine life in there. I might have to buy them from the web but i just don't know how all this shipping pet thing works, i would thing that the fish might get a little to stress out by the flight home. Well thanks for the info and i will ask someone in the pet shop if they can get a special order for me. ;) oh yeah, i live in Shawnee ks, close to kansas city.

Ramirezi

Punish the Deed not the Breed
Apr 26, 2005
Florida
Yeah, aquabid.com is a good idea. i know lots of people on this board and other forums who've gotten fish through aquabid and were happy. but you may have to pay shipping unless you work something out with the seller...it's like ebay, except they're selling fish.
my friend bought fish through drsfostersmith.com and had no problems. the only issue is the cost of shipping. i believe they ship overnight, so it's expensive.
if you can get the lfs to special order that would be best. that way you can see what you're getting, too. and you wont have to pay for shipping because they just have them shipped with their regular order of fish.

schenko

AC Members
Jul 3, 2005
krib

I also know of liveaquaria.com - they have a great warranty & not too bad on price. Good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store