Which guppy is more beautiful? Which guppy is more rare/would fetch a higher price?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Which is the most beautiful? (the other question, please answer in a post).

• Total voters

slipstreamv2

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
Manhattan, NYC / Northern NJ
I got some awsome colors! to me its about having fun, not what I get. I have some plain guppy to and there babies mixed up nice. its a crap shoot.
That's not a bad idea, since I don't really have room for more tanks either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just wanted to thank everyone for your votes! I ended up going with 2 trios of the German Black Metal Heads since they were less than half the price of Blue Moscows from known breeders - I never realized fancy guppies could get so expensive. And their Blue Moscos looked absolutely drab compared to the ones in these photos. I'm still trying to track down the guy who took those pictures and breeds them, but there's no info on his website, at least not in english:).

http://www.bhzo.com.br/bioguppy/meusguppies.html

Some pics of the 8 week old German Black Metal Heads I just got (they don't look as nice as the breeders, hopefully they will color up):

AND

Breeder's auction PICS:

Last edited:

Roice the betta

AC Members
Jul 11, 2010
I'm looking to breed guppies, more for the fun of it (don't have the space/time/money to invest), but was just curious what people thought. I've narrowed it down to a couple different strains, but I can't really decide. Also, if I can't decide any further, I figured I may as well factor in market prices I could get in my area (or in general, if I ship).

#1 - Blue Moscow (are these from the same drop)?

#2 - German Black Metal Head

#3 - Russian Metal Head

#4 - Black Metal Head

#5 - I think HB Purple Moscow (I mislabled as Purple Moscow in poll)

are the fat blue moscows pregnant/has eggs?

GuppyMan

AC Members
Nov 9, 2008
New Jersey
Real Name
Trevor
out of all those fish, and if you breed them good and keep up on their quality, go for blue moscows. you will fetch a pretty dollar for their babies!!!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store