White Cloud Mountain Minnows.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JoBroCo

AC Members
Oct 7, 2020
Texas
I am thinking about getting some WCMM for my planted 10g but am unsure if a 10 is big enough. I've seen people say 5-10g is plenty and others say 20g is best. Im also getting mixed numbers for the amount im able to put in a 10g I've been told 5 for the ten or up to 10-15 for the 10g.

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
A 10 gallon is more than adequate. These are small slender fish and I've held 10 or 12 in a 10 gallon without any issues. This is assuming there are no other fish in the tank. Just make sure your tank is completely cycled and you add them in two or three small groups to work up to the final count.

Great fish, by the way. They're probably my favorite small schooling fish, and they're hardy as well. I prefer the natural coloration to the gold form. The gold ones actually seem kind of vanilla to me.

WYite

JoBroCo

AC Members
Oct 7, 2020
Texas
A 10 gallon is more than adequate. These are small slender fish and I've held 10 or 12 in a 10 gallon without any issues. This is assuming there are no other fish in the tank. Just make sure your tank is completely cycled and you add them in two or three small groups to work up to the final count.

Great fish, by the way. They're probably my favorite small schooling fish, and they're hardy as well. I prefer the natural coloration to the gold form. The gold ones actually seem kind of vanilla to me.

WYite
Thanks. I don't really have a choice on what type I want petsmart only has the normal white clouds. I might order some longfin white cloud minnows (I just dont trust shipped fish always worried they will show up dead.) love the look of them and they will they the only fish in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store