White patch on molly

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
I would test your GH, generally mollies are prone to lots of fungal problems especially if kept in a low GH for them. They need 250ppm GH or higher unfortunately to be in the best of health longterm.

I would place her in a hospital tank and treat her with a generous dose of aquarium salt :) mollies usually respond very well to aquarium salt

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
NoodleCats knows more about mollies than I do. But table salt is fine for a short term treatment in a hospital tank.

Work'n'Grind, I see you have some algae issues too. Not the problem with your mollie but you may want to work on those too. What are your tank & tap water parameters? How long are your lights on? How much & how often to you change water?

Oh I see you have another thread on that.

Work n’ Grind

AC Members
Feb 23, 2022
NoodleCats knows more about mollies than I do. But table salt is fine for a short term treatment in a hospital tank.

Work'n'Grind, I see you have some algae issues too. Not the problem with your mollie but you may want to work on those too. What are your tank & tap water parameters? How long are your lights on? How much & how often to you change water?

Oh I see you have another thread on that.
Thank you though I am definitely going after the alge then noticed she had that spot.

Work n’ Grind

AC Members
Feb 23, 2022
I would test your GH, generally mollies are prone to lots of fungal problems especially if kept in a low GH for them. They need 250ppm GH or higher unfortunately to be in the best of health longterm.

I would place her in a hospital tank and treat her with a generous dose of aquarium salt :) mollies usually respond very well to aquarium salt
Gh has been high but so was/ is my Ph so I started slowly adding r/o water to try and lower the ph but I know that can lower the gh too

GH is 200~ in tank I’ll try and bump that up my well runs 1800 ppm 8.6 ph

so that’s fun but raises the GH is easy

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Good, tanks are always a work in progress. Address the worst (mollie) & then work on other issues. We'll try to help. Can you please tell us your water parameters in your other thread?

Work n’ Grind

AC Members
Feb 23, 2022
Good, tanks are always a work in progress. Address the worst (mollie) & then work on other issues. We'll try to help. Can you please tell us your water parameters in your other thread?
Miss molly seems to be much better the white spot is almost o100% gone at this point and she never seemed in any distress , aquarium salt to the rescue! Thanks everyone, I also added tank parameters to my alge thread

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store