Whoo Hoo Kribs had babies!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ramirezi

Punish the Deed not the Breed
Apr 26, 2005
Florida
Yay! they're sooo cute and tiny! Blade and Trinity brought about 20 or so fry out of their cave this morning to eat. i didnt even know Trinity had laid eggs. They're being good parents. They take turns taking the babies around the tank looking for food.
I went to the lfs and got some Hakari (sp?) first bites. The fry seem to be eating ok so far. Trinity and Blade live in my aquarium at work. My co-workers are in awe. I guess they've never seen baby fish before besides guppies! and i've already had a couple co-workers wanting to buy the fry if they make it to about an inch long. they think the parents are absolutely beautiful and if the fry are anything like their parents...And this is my newer tank, it's only been set up for about a month. we'll see how they do...the tank is cycled, the water parameters are all where they should be.
The only thing I worry about is that I had read that something, i think it's the pH, affects the sex of the fry...i would like to have some females and males, not all just one sex...because most of the people i would give the fish to want a pair or they want females because they're more colorful. and i cant find the article again that says that. so i dont know if it's true or not??

FishFreak101

AC Members
Jul 1, 2005
Well im no fish expert i cant help u out that much but all i have to say is that it''s...INSANE! i dont thing its true at least i think just keep the pH level the same try it out and if they all turn out to be boy/girl try lowering the pH level or raising it on the next batch!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store