Why I Don't Love NY lately :-(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
It's sporadic for sure.

I'm taking my 82yr old mom for her second dose tomorrow.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I am a high risk individual, I will turn 73 soon, I had heart bypass surgery in Sept 2019, I have COPD from smoking for 45 years before i quite 11 years + ago. And I also have high blood pressure controlled by meds. I have known for a while if I get Covid, I will die. From day one we have only used N95 masks. I have been a hermit for almost a year,

Under the current threats of the various mutations, things are even worse. I now shop for food lest than weekly. I only go late nights- Friday/Sat. to avoid shoppers. I have had other health issues over the past year where they tested me 5 times for the virus and all negative.

Mario Cuomo is a fool with a big mouth and an ever shrinking brain. That makes him a perfect politician.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
It's good to hear you took the precautions you did and you're still kicking.

There was a time when we did our best to keep mom in her house and we (siblings and I) did the shopping for her, etc, but she's too ornery and would go shopping or whatnot on her own anyway. She got her shots thru a center that opened up at the local community college. It's all only at-risk, healthcare and education folks who are eligible at this point as far as I know.

She too was a smoker into her 60s, has HBP, etc. When you think about how many smoked back then.. Most adults really. Even I did from my late teens to maybe 30ish. Health risks aside, I dunno how people do it today given cigs are ~$12/pack, unless you have access to unregulated / un-taxed tobacco products. The smokers I know today get theirs through local native american reservation stores.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store