Will guppies be ok with dwarf gouramis, platies, other guppies, and neon tetras?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
I have a 20 gallon aquarium which is cycling right now. Would it be ok to put: 3-4 guppies, 2 platies, 1-2 dwarf gouramis, 6-10 neon tetras, and 1 small algae eater? Will all of them be ok to each other, and can a 20 gallon take that many fish? Like are they all compatible? Will there be any chasing around and stuff?

hondamx

AC Members
Jul 1, 2006
That should be ok. I think most gourami's in the stores are males so you should only get one. You could get a small pleco like clown or bristlenose. MAKE SURE YOU DON'T GET A COMMON PLECO.

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
skip the platies, get only one dwarf gourami, and make sure you get a small pleco such as a bristle nose, clown or rubberlip. NO COMMON PLECOS!

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
they should be fine,all the fish you picked are peaceful.:)just suppliment you algae eaters diet with algae wafers and some veggies and possibly sinking shrimp pellets.

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
Alrighty!

Thanks guys!

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
Btw bettagurl,

Do I have to get algae waffers? Or will there be enough algae and stuff for him to eat?

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
ummmm.... you go to an LFS and buy them.... and no, there is and never will be enough algae for a pleco of any kind.

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
Would this be my limit, or could I put even more :) ???

First of all, will a dwarf gourami be fine with all of them? Like he won't chase them will he? Also, would he eat neon tetras? So, this is my list: 1 dwarf gourami, 4 guppies, 2-3 platies, 6-10 neon tetras, and a bottom feeder. What kind of bottom feeder would be good? It's a 20 gallon, if you missed my first actual post. Also, suggest how many of each fish I could put in maximum. I have a 20 gallon hob power filter. I may get one from my friend which is 5-10, just for more fiiltration, and I have an air pump. Also, I believe it is a tall, like 24 long x 16 high x 12 wide, about.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store