Will my angelfish be okay?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Joannestech92

AC Members
Mar 1, 2019
I have a 90 gallon freshwater aquarium. Yesterday I noticed that one of my angels wasn't eating. She was very lethargic. This morning she had passed away. My other angel is looking for her and is flicking her feeler fins almost as if she is confused. I only had 2 of them. Will my other fish be ok by herself for a couple weeks? I know it's a weird thing to wonder about, but my angels were inseparable.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Fish do get attached to tank mates, but I'd be more concerned why the first passed away--how old are the fish? Tank parameters?

Joannestech92

AC Members
Mar 1, 2019
Fish do get attached to tank mates, but I'd be more concerned why the first passed away--how old are the fish? Tank parameters?
I got the fish this passed June. I keep up on water changes and checking my parameters. Everything was fine. I am treating my water with pimafix and melafix just in case it was something bacterial. I think she died from something being wrong with her reproductive organs though. None of my community fish seem to be sick.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Any recent additions to the tank? I wouldn't suggest adding meds unless you're sure of what you are treating. If anything, isolate the effected fish into a hospital tank/tub/tote if possible.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Exact readings by a good liquid test kit?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
What type of foods do you feed your fish?

In the end, it could have been an internal issue you couldn't avoid or treat for.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store