"wilting" anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Liz

AC Members
Mar 25, 2005
Like I said, I would return all the fish and maybe get one or two very small ones.
But they're not my fish.
Okay, wpg isn't accurate.
What about if I kept one under compact fluorescents or t5s

Last edited:

speedy25

Registered Member
Jul 22, 2006
problems

hey im a newbie here i have a 55 gal about 80 to 90 lbs of live rock and live sand, 5 damsels,1 blood shrimp,6 blue hermits, 1 orange gobie, 2 salley light foot,and a feather duster and a purple anmone,and 1 saddle back clown with his amomne. the problem is i got the last two on friday and and just a little bit ago about 2 hours ago he shrivled up and hardly had any bloom left in him and looks dead? is this a normal thing for it or a sign of death for him? oh yea the tank is about 3 months old and was given a shot of live sand in the beggining???!

mysis

AC Members
Oct 4, 2005
Liz said:
So the tang has to stay. It has been in there for several years and is alive and (seems) happy.
:(

Why not tell your mum how cruel it is keeping that fish in the tank. The tang may be alive but i can guarantee it won't be happy.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
speedy25 said:
hey im a newbie here i have a 55 gal about 80 to 90 lbs of live rock and live sand, 5 damsels,1 blood shrimp,6 blue hermits, 1 orange gobie, 2 salley light foot,and a feather duster and a purple anmone,and 1 saddle back clown with his amomne. the problem is i got the last two on friday and and just a little bit ago about 2 hours ago he shrivled up and hardly had any bloom left in him and looks dead? is this a normal thing for it or a sign of death for him? oh yea the tank is about 3 months old and was given a shot of live sand in the beggining???!
this is a normal thing for most anenomes. They will do this occationaly when the lights are off (so you will see it when they come on, or sometimes right before they come off) or when they are expelling waste since cnidarians only have one body opening. however, it could be a bad sign, it could be expelling zooxanthella. we need to know mroe about your system and such so i would advise making your own thread. and 3 months is often not long enough

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store