Wonkey And Lumpy The Cories

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

saphphx

AC Members
Oct 29, 2006
Barrow-in-Furness
he's gone back to just hovering in the middle of the water (hight wise, like mid water) again.. I really don't know what to do. I'm tempted to risk my pepered colony and just toss them in, hoping he will perk up with more friends as its just him and Lumpy at the moment, I'm so worried about little Wonkey. May get some more bronze from that tank as I am due more fish for the pandas that died, but I have about 40 bronze fry so wasn't going to get more. Will have to see. I don't know what to do but going in and sitting with him just seems to be winding him up lol

ct-death

Fish & Visitors Smell in 3 Days...
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
How long has this behavior been going on again?

This is weird, and if there are no signs of illness it could be nothing more than loneliness...? I know Corys love life and more importantly brotehrs and sisters. I had a Cory die on me for no apparent reason other than he was sad :(

If it has been about a week and there is no visible evidence of stress (including ur other tankmates) I guess "lonely" is his ailment. Again, water is fine, etc.?

Anyone else??????

saphphx

AC Members
Oct 29, 2006
Barrow-in-Furness

This is weird, and if there are no signs of illness it could be nothing more than loneliness...? I know Corys love life and more importantly brotehrs and sisters. I had a Cory die on me for no apparent reason other than he was sad :(

If it has been about a week and there is no visible evidence of stress (including ur other tankmates) I guess "lonely" is his ailment. Again, water is fine, etc.?

Anyone else??????
When I first got into tropics 10 years ago I was sold one little albino, within 4 weeks he had died, destressed I went back to the shop and was told he should have had friends, and they will sulk to death.

He's been doing this off and on. Was doing the odd mid swimming the day I got him while he was in the shop, but was fine and eating the day before so I still got him. I hope I didn't make a bad choice.

I'm worried Wonkey isn't happy with just Lumpy. There still in QT, but as they both seem fine other then Wonkey's odd behavior but no signs of illness, I am very tempted to move him to my tank with other corys and see if he perks up. I would rather treat a whole tank with half a dose of anti-bacterials and have him live happily then risk loosing him. Will see about getting two to three more cory tomorrow from the same tank first and add them in to see if he will perk up. Lumpy is doing just fine, so I don't think its an illness. Lumpy won't hang out with Wonkey either. May get a few albinos so they all think their albino. I've noticed my normal albinos wont hang out with my bronze, even though they are all the same species. So its worth a try I guess?

Cory Lover

AC Members
Oct 8, 2006
B.C. Canada

Anyone else??????
And talking about lonelyness, you only have one Cory in your 30 gallon? Or since you wrote it have you got more?

Good luck saphphx!

Cory Lover

saphphx

AC Members
Oct 29, 2006
Barrow-in-Furness
And talking about lonelyness, you only have one Cory in your 30 gallon? Or since you wrote it have you got more?

Good luck saphphx!
I just noticed that as well. - Hopefully the 30 is a qt tank? or he got more? Maybe thats why he is asking about them being lonely :) Fish shops never tell you to keep them in groups. Was in one yesterday that sold a woman one clown loach so I went "Aww cute! How many will you have now then" she goes "Um.. one" and I explained to her that she needed more, so she got 5 more and a larger tank, and I got a free fish and a thank you after lecturing the staff on not assuming people know what they are getting and to always mention groups and stuff when its that imporant.

ct-death

Fish & Visitors Smell in 3 Days...
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
Eep! Thanks for the ketch guys! :eek:

That was my sig when I had just finished my cycle back in early Feb. Since I have been working on my 75G. The albino listed was who I lost, but I have 3 Schwartzi's in there now!

I use an Albino Cory as my Avatar in rememberance...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store