Worm?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vteel

AC Members
Mar 17, 2007
Vermont
Can someone help me identify this? I know it's some kind of worm. It's the first time I've ever seen this in my tank, and I'm not sure of it's exact size because it was in a hole/tunnel that could have hone on forever.

Thanks!

VTEEL

Worm.JPG

marinemad

marine mad
Apr 14, 2008
scotland
yep bristle worm i got loads!! all shapes and sizes! they pretty gross to look at and DONT touch it hurts like hell!!!!!

TropicalNorth

Bligh..The Demander Of Attention..
Jun 9, 2006
North Queensland, Australia
Looks like a standard bristleworm to me too. If you look at your tank at night with a torch, well after lights out, you'll be suprised just how many you'll see.

Bristleworms are detritus feeders and they can't eat or kill a fish. They have no poison. The hair like spikes are just to stop fish from eating them, but some species of fish will eat them. If you saw a bristleworm on a dead fish it got there after it died and is just cleaning up so to speak.

Just for anyone who is interested here is an old pic of my Falco Hawkfish eating a large bristleworm. He got spiked but was totally fine, the bristleworm however didn't stand a chance :).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store