Would A Male Betta Get Along With 4 Albino Cories?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
If they were stressed they would of been hiding and have stress lines. They were always out and about and no stress lines.
They wouldn't necessarily would show these.

When I had my Candy still, he WAS stressed out but not showing this pattern as much, but he woukd hide away and show solitary behaviour and chase away other fish that were in the tank. When I have put in a male and female guppy in my current bettas tank, Bluetooth will show stress stripes and defend his territory.

My sister's bf is not only marine biologist but an ichthiologist as well and he was studying bettas in the wild and so he knows better than people whom say 'Bettas can be kept in community tanks', he even showed us all of his personal observation notes and videos.

mechtech

AC Members
Sep 21, 2020
remove the guppies and get some otocinclus catfish since they do will not come in contact with the betta get 5 oto catfish

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
remove the guppies and get some otocinclus catfish since they do will not come in contact with the betta get 5 oto catfish
I wouldn't put in anything with a betta at all, snails will do much better. MTS, ramshorns and maybe one or two clea helena for population control. Otos have these spikes, could harm the betta.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
? ? ?

I would love to hear documentation on not being able to keep bettas (assuming splendens)with any other fish.

I know that they gave been kept with other animals, both by myself and other folks I have a huge amount of respect for.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
? ? ?

I would love to hear documentation on not being able to keep bettas (assuming splendens)with any other fish.

I know that they gave been kept with other animals, both by myself and other folks I have a huge amount of respect for.
Myself included kept or currently keeps bettas with other fish with no issues. It all plays on personality and temperament of the betta. And finding the best tank mates for said betta.

Reactions: dudley

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I think it all depends on the betta, the tank size...& the proposed tankmates. Young neons were food for ours, until they grew beyond betta bite size. Adult non-dwarf corys should be ok, in say, a 20g standard or long. I doubt dwarf rasboras or neocaridina shrimp would live long, they're always adult betta bite size...You don't want bite size fish or possible betta fin nippers.

mechtech

AC Members
Sep 21, 2020
but the otocinclus would stay out of the way of the betta but i agree with sprinkle that snails would do great with the betta

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
Harlequin Rasboras are a good tank mate for them as they coexist in the wild. Other tank mates are snails, amino shrimp, Galaxy Rasboras(kept them with bettas myself, no issues), neon tetras, Cardinal Tetras, other types of tetras that aren’t fin nippers, small plecos like a Bn or clown, and kuhli loaches. I also kept them with guppys, platys and mollys.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store