Yay!! :) I'm a krib father.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
Okay well I got my kribs about 1.5 months ago now and most of their first batch got eaten so on the second batch I got the shell (which they laid in) into a breeding cage after I knew they were fertilized. And now three days later some little tails have appeared and they are hatching as I speak. This is the first fish I've ever bred except guppies so I'm quite happy :) when they get a bit bigger I'll put pics up :) the parents are beautiful though!

Anyway, a question:
What should I feed them? I know they feed on their eggs? But what about after? :)

nguyendetecting

"Swim along with the snorks"
Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
they will eat anything around the tank and nipple on algae and what not. But you can feed them crushed flake, but powered fry food like first bites, or bbs would be great.

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
Thanks :) well there is a bit of brown algea in the hatchery thing so that's alright. I'll crunch up some fish food for when they need it.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Strictly speaking you're a grandfather. There are laws in most states about fathering offspring with animals! Is Australia different in that regard? Microworms are a good choice along with bbs. Frozen Cyclopeeze are great as well. For best results you should tranfer them to a separate tank for rearing. The trick to raising any fry is to overfeed them but change enough water that water quality remains pristine. Feed them at least 4 or 5 times a day followed by a small water change to get any waste and uneaten food out. The more water you change, all other things being equal the faster they grow.

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
I don't have a spare tank :( I guess I could buy a 5g...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store