Yellow shrimplets vs. ember tetra

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Jan 17, 2018
I have 3 yellow shrimp, 7 ember tetras, and a Mexican dwarf crayfish in a 10 gallon aquarium. I noticed that one of the females is berried and the other female is missing. The only male is swimming around. I am assuming this is because he is looking for the a female who is ready to mate. I am afraid in a month, when the eggs hatch, the ember tetras would eat them all. The aquarium has lots of hiding places. I want a lot of them to survive. Should I just leave them to fend for themselves or should I put them in a net breeder or something?

Reido Dorito

AC Members
Jun 6, 2017
I don't know a whole lot about breeding shrimp, but you might want to put them in a breeder net if you're worried about the juveniles getting attacked. Seems like there's a high probability of the embers seeing 'em as a snack, just from what I've read here and there. I don't have any personal experience with these guys, so I'm sorry if it's not a very helpful answer.

Hope I could help! Have a good day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store