Yellowing sword?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

scottracy

Got Roy?
Jan 3, 2004
Texas
Visit site
I dose ferts per the sticky and do 50% water changes every week. I am currently using excel. Dosing Iron at half recommended dosage for 2 weeks now. Water parameters are good. I seem to struggle with N. I use spectracide stump remover and mix it using the dosage calculator at csd.net. and add it accordingly. Sunday after a 50% water change, no3 at 0. I dosed with enough to bring it to 5ppm and checked again yesterday. It was still 0 so I dosed again. Will check it again today. Any suggestions. Thanks!

tests for 4-13-04

Water temp 78
Phosphate 1.0ppm
Nitrate 5.0 ppm
Ammonia 0.0
Nitrite 0.0
GH 120 ppm
KH 170 PPM
PH 7.6

Scott

sword.jpg

Last edited:

cpr4cpu

AC Members
Mar 25, 2003
www.cpr4cpu.net
Spectracide stump remover is potassium nitrate so you should have potassium for sure.

I would target the root system with a good quality root tab before I tried more iron in the water column. The swords are heavy root feeders, so it is possible that the root shave depleted the easily available iron in the immediate substrate and have now used up the stores of iron. I use iron riuch substrates like eco-complete or flourite but prior to the substrate upgrade I had success with flourish tabs pushed to the bottom glass near the main root system of the sword plants. Another factor could be a change in light, say going from a high light dealer tank to a low light home tank...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store