yet anathor w/d q

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aoscar

big cichlids rule
Feb 16, 2007
grand rapids, michigan
here is my diagram for a 20 g sump, is it right? my tank has a uilt in overflow and i will be using duro stand pipes. I was wondering if I should use 1 or 2 pumps and how many gph should I use? The tank is 150 g and will house 2 12" oscars a 10" jag 14" pleco and 2 4" tinfoils although I'm not sure I'll have the tinfoils.the red indicates heaters, green pot scrubbers and foss, and the yellow sponges.
thanks for any help in advance.

sump pic0001.JPG pre-drilled.JPG

Shocker6966

AC Members
Nov 5, 2006
Peterborough, Ontario
I'm not seeing the dry part of the wet/dry. Also, the water level will be even across the board. Basically, you're missing the portion of the filter media that sits above the water level, giving it the "dry" portion of the filtration.

biowyo

AC Members
Apr 10, 2007
no it will not work as a "wet/dry" u have to suspend the filter media above the water line. go to a store and look at one before you build it

aoscar

big cichlids rule
Feb 16, 2007
grand rapids, michigan
no it will not work as a "wet/dry" u have to suspend the filter media above the water line. go to a store and look at one before you build it
that's what the yellow is, half submerged sponges.like on a tetratech 500

snickle

AC Members
Jan 4, 2007
Not enough bio-media not underwater. In my AGA Megaflow Sump, none of the bio-media is underwater. The water just flows over it. I'll try to take a picture. I use pot scrubbers as bio-media.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store