Yet another 75g stocking question- This one more narrowed down.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

josh05magnum

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
75g.
Current-
7 Zebra Danios, 7 Cory Cats, 1 6-10" Pleco (I can never remember how big he is).

Thinking of getting 15-20 Cardinal Tetra's tomorrow.
Then in a week or two, 6-10 Hatchet's (maybe Marbles).

Does that sound good, and will I still have room to add some more stuff?
Emperor 400 and Aquatec 30-60 running on the tank.

Also, can I add more Zebra Danios that are smaller, and will they 'join' the other zebra school (not that they seem to school very much in my tank).
I didn't know if maybe an existing school has problems with new members joining it.

Also, thinking of getting a few Otto's. Will they work OK with the current stock? Or would I be more advised to do another different looking group of cory's?

Thanks again everyone. I know I keep asking this stocking stuff, but it's only cause Fish can last a long time, so I want them and my wife and I to be happy with our choices....

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
my only concern is the Pleco. do you know which species?

if a common...a 75 may be too small.

as for Otocinclus they would be fine in a 75 .

if you are going to add Hatchets, make sure you have a good lid on top

josh05magnum

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
Pleco may be a common. I have had him over 2yrs, he was in a 56g those 2 years. He is 6-10"s long currently. Haven't seen him grow in a long time.
Picture's here- http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179182
Thanks for the advice on the hatchets I don't have the plastic backing on the lid on the back, guess I will have to replace that if they are jumpers!
Do my quantities sound ok? Other than the concern with the Pleco?

Last edited:

itsanobsession

AC Members
Oct 1, 2008
that sounds good to me. i dont think id be to concerned about the pleco. commons will get pretty big. but there not swimming all over the place so i dont feel they need an enormous tank IMO. make sure ur feeding him other stuff besides just algae.

josh05magnum

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
I just learned here about feeding them veggies. He used to just get a variety of sinking wafers, including algae wafers, as well as what he was able to get off the tank walls at night till spotted by the JD in his old tank. He is LOVING zucchini. Gonna get some romaine lettuce for him to try next. I assume my cory cats eat some too.

Plus, now that he isn't in the same tank as my EVIL JD, I actually occasionally see him out and about and eating IN THE DAY....... Amazing what the feeling of safety can do for a fish's personality.

Last edited:

josh05magnum

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
Well, wish me luck folks. I am off to the LFS in about an hr to get the Cardinal Tetra's. Lets hope they have some nice healthy smaller ones (fun to watch stuff grow!)

Gonna hold off on the hatchets until the tank gets used to the tetras added load, and I get a new top with new plastic for the back since it sounds like the hatchets can be jumpers.

Thanks for all the opinions and help everyone!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store