Yet another Guppy ??? (when do they deliver)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jericho

AC Members
Jul 22, 2005
Ok I have a female guppy and she is looking very pregnant. Or at least I think she is. She has a dark spot compared to others, she is looking rather blocky (is that a word?), she is eating food, and she is hanging out on the bottom of the tank, but her colors have gotten more viberant. I have the net already set up, but I do not want to plop her in there untill she is ready. How do you know when it is time??? TIA

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC
It sounds to me like shes geting close. I would go ahead a put her in the place you want her to have her babies now. to give you an example, one of my mollies i new was ready to have them, I trapped her. Early the next morning I checked on her, no babies, I chencked on her several times throughout the day still no babies. I come to the chat room here and stay a couple hours and went to check on her and voila 32 babies. You will never know ecactly when she is going to have them, just take noteof her actions so next time you can better approximate, Good luck!!

Jericho

AC Members
Jul 22, 2005
Well still nothing from her and I have released her back into the main tank. I do not want to stress her out any more then she needs to be. She is a pooping machine but no babbies falling out. So I guess I will just wait and see.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store