yoyo loach questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

customdrum

GOT PLANTS?
May 2, 2008
south carolina
i got a yoyo loach on raok and out him in the angeltank/brass tetra tank. hes chasing everyone so i need more yoyos to go with him. im getting rid of the angels this weekend so no worry about them driving them nuts after monday lol.

does anyone have a yoyo with other loaches?
this guy is about 3.5" long and here if i put 1" yoyos with him he will chase them and maybe kill them from stress.

i can get other loaches here but yoyo arent here to get for a few weeks.
so i need to know if i get some other loaches will be better or do i need to stick with yoyos and not others.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
You really need more yoyo loaches, other species just aren't the same. They're always in stock at my lfs, and usually larger than 1". I could ship you some...

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
You really need more yoyo loaches, other species just aren't the same. They're always in stock at my lfs, and usually larger than 1". I could ship you some...
really and truly, its statements like this that give me warm fuzzies :)

Apr 2, 2002
New York
There is no guarantee that adding more will fix the problem. I started with 4 yoyos in a 45 gal with other fish, including dd black angels being grown out to produce a pair. The yoyos began harassing the angels all the time and I was finally forced to sell them to fix the problem.

What they would do is swim alongside an angel and poke it around the gil plate. The angels would try to swim away but the yoyos would just keep on harassing from one end of the tank to the the other.

Jeremy Smith

Lizard loachnut
May 18, 2006
ma
It would depend the actual temperment of your individual twards other yoyos. And also on how meny more you were to get. If you got say 10 more, if the chasing where to continue it could be so divided that you may be able to get away with it. At 3.5 he/she is still kinda smallish you probally could find some simillar to that size, if you look around.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store